Conor McGregor’s mouth has gotten him into trouble before. It doesn’t seem like he’s learned any lessons from it, either.

There has been a lot of speculative news out of Ireland this week that the UFC Lightweight champion got into a bar scuffle with someone tied to a high-ranking member of the Kinahan drug cartel, aka the Irish Mafia. According to the reports, which are admittedly a bit vague and possibly not true, the Mob wants McGregor to pay close to million in “restitution” to make amends for the slight.

Irish newspapers haven’t named McGregor specifically, instead they have referred to him as a “well-known Irish sports star” or just “the celebrity.” McGregor responded by posting this on his Instagram, with the caption “The Celebrity.”

The celebrity

A post shared by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) on

On Thursday, McGregor appeared in an Irish Traffic Court to fight a speeding ticket. Decked out in a green Adidas track suit, reporters asked the UFC star about the recent rumors and the potential threats to his life.

McGregor’s response as he sped away in his luxury sports car?

“Come and get me.”

There’s a good chance this is all made up, and McGregor is just using the headlines to further his legacy and keep his name in the news. At least, that’s what McGregor’s father told the Irish Mirror.

“That’s all nonsense, that is,” Tony McGregor said. “Absolute nonsense. It’s an absolute nonsense story. It’s grown legs and it’s getting that ridiculous – it’s become funny. We have nothing to fear here whatsoever. There’s no one after us for anything. We’re a law-abiding family and we’ve stayed a law-abiding family.”

“I’d view 95% of that story as nonsense and the other 5% is overly exaggerated,” he finished. “And that’s it.”