About that Charles Oakley ban from Madison Square Garden — never mind.
According to ESPN’s Mike Wise, the former Knicks star has had his prohibition from the famed arena and watching Knicks basketball rescinded.
— Mike Wise (@MikeWiseguy) February 14, 2017
The whole ugly chain of events unfolded last week after Oakley was seen arguing with a fan and then being led out of the arena by security staff. He was subsequently arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault by police. Owner James Dolan then decreed that Oakley would never set foot at MSG again.
Commissioner Adam Silver met with Dolan, Michael Jordan and Oakley at NBA headquarters on Monday to try and smooth over the relationship between the Knicks and Oakley.
“Both Mr. Oakley and Mr. Dolan were apologetic about the incident and subsequent comments, and their negative impact on the Knicks organization and the NBA,” Silver said.
Oakley said on ESPN that Dolan had apologized to him, but added that “some things hurt. Some things just don’t walk away. A dog who broke his leg isn’t just going to walk away.”
On Tuesday, Oakley told ESPN that he respects Jordan to the fullest, that he loves the guy, but he said: “I’m my own man.”